Read or Download BP Process Safety Series - Safe Furnace and Boiler Firing, Edition: 5th ed. PDF
Similar mechanical engineering books
Clear up any mechanical engineering challenge speedy and simply This depended on compendium of calculation equipment grants quickly, actual recommendations to the hardest day by day mechanical engineering difficulties. you will discover numbered, step by step tactics for fixing particular difficulties including worked-out examples that provide numerical effects for the calculation.
This e-book collects the edited and reviewed contributions offered within the third foreign convention on Renewable power: iteration and functions” ICREGA’14, geared up via the UAE collage in Al-Ain. This convention goals to disseminate wisdom on equipment, rules and applied sciences concerning renewable power and it recognizes the management of the UAE which dedicated to a 7% renewable power aim through 2020.
Rules of warmth move used to be first released in 1959, and because then it has grown to be thought of a vintage in the box, environment the criteria for assurance and association inside of all different warmth move texts. The booklet is designed for a one-semester direction in warmth move on the junior or senior point, even though, flexibility in pedagogy has been supplied.
Folllowing the good fortune of his first publication with regards to Hydraulics, Pipe circulate, commercial HVAC & application platforms, Mister Mech Mentor now deals an all-new, easy-to-read selection of chapters that includes ASME Piping & strain Vessel Code functions. Written in a pleasant kind, this e-book presents the fundamental merits of guideline through a private mentor who explains why and the way, whereas instructing probably risky classes in physics and engineering layout.
- Information Theory
- Valve handbook
- Computer Numerical Control of Machine Tools, 2nd Edition
- Probabilistic Finite Element Model Updating Using Bayesian Statistics: Applications to Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering
- Heat Transfer Applications for the Practicing Engineer
- Linear Time-Invariant Systems
Extra resources for BP Process Safety Series - Safe Furnace and Boiler Firing, Edition: 5th ed.
Such a condition may require that the process unit be shut down in order to drain the fuel-gas system. If the process unit has an air preheater, there is a good possibility that the equipment can be set on fire from poor combustion of the fuel-gas-line liquid. Precautions must be taken to avoid such fires in air preheaters, due to the destruction which occurs. Water vapour in fuel-gas systems will condense during cold weather. The water may freeze and plug the line at low spots or risers. If a fuel-gas system contains water and condensed hydrocarbons, a snow-like hydrate is formed.
4. Be sure that fuel valves and cocks at the burners are tightly closed (see Figure 39). An open or leaking valve can result in an explosive firebox mixture. Figure 39 Sketch of pilot gas and fuel gas lines. In one accident, two boiler burners were lit and later one was shut off without adjusting the draught. This caused the other burner to go out. The gas was immediately shut off at the main line, but not at the burner: The firebox was then purged, and the main gas valve was reopened. Gas flow through the open burner valve accumulated in the firebox.
A separate burner in the firebox used only for the waste gases and not for process-heat requirements. A separate pilot and pilot gas system for the waste-gas burner. Figure 28 Safe venting of waste gases or vapours to furnaces requires extra equipment. Where waste gases are being burnt it is important that the environmental impact is assessed and that appropriate abatement equipment is installed where necessary. 34 SAFE FURNACE AND BOILER FIRING 5 Burners Many different burner designs are available for use with oil, gas or both.