By Robert B. Daroff MD, Gerald M Fenichel MD, Joseph Jankovic MD, John C Mazziotta MD PhD
Neurology in medical perform brings you the most up-tp-date scientific neurology via a complete textual content, certain colour photos, and video demonstrations. Drs. Daroff, Fenichel, Jankovic and Mazziotta, besides greater than one hundred fifty professional members, current insurance of interventional neuroradiology, neurointensive care, prion ailments and their diagnoses, neurogenetics, and lots of different new advancements. on-line at www.expertconsult.com, you’ll have entry to a downloadable photo library, movies, and the absolutely searchable textual content for the dynamic, multimedia content material you want to observe the most recent methods in prognosis and management.
- Find solutions simply via an intuitive association via either symptom and grouping of illnesses that mirrors how you practice.
- Diagnose and deal with the entire diversity of neurological issues with authoritative and updated guidance.
- Refer to key details at-a-glance via a full-color layout and format that makes the ebook more straightforward to consult.
- Access the totally searchable textual content on-line at www.expertconsult.com, besides downloadable photos, video demonstrations, and reference updates.
- Stay present on advances in interventional neuroradiology, neurointensive care, prion illnesses, neurogenetics, and more.
- See precisely how neurological issues current with on-line movies of EEG and seizures, flow problems, EMG, cranial neuropathies, issues of higher and decrease motor neurons.
- Keep up with advancements within the box via major revisions to the textual content, together with brand-new chapters on neuromodulation and psychogenic problems and a totally overhauled neuroimaging section.
- Tap into the services of greater than one hundred fifty top neurologists―50 new to this edition.
Don’t fall in the back of the advances in scientific neurology – use Bradley’s multimedia content material and get ahead
Read or Download Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice, 2-Volume Set: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 6e PDF
Similar neurology books
During the last few years, quite a lot of assorted phone adhesion molecules (CAMs) were pointed out which are central for synapse formation and upkeep. contemporary examine, even if, has additionally printed that many synaptic connections are hugely dynamic and never as good as at the beginning notion.
The volumes during this sequence comprise modern thoughts major to a selected department of neuroscience. they're a useful reduction to the scholar in addition to the skilled researcher not just in constructing protocols in neuroscience yet in disciplines the place examine is changing into heavily on the topic of neuroscience.
A really interdisciplinary scientific textual content, medical Neuroradiology investigates the structure-function courting for significant CNS ailments, illustrated by way of contemplating genuine scientific situations. Authored via a number one neuroradiologist, this landmark ebook offers neuroradiologists with scientific neurological correlates and neurologists with imaging correlates for all key neurological stipulations.
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Biological Influences on Criminal Behavior
- A Practical Approach to Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring, Second Edition
- In-vitro- und in-vivo-Untersuchungen zur selektiven Immunadsorptionsbehandlung neurologischer Erkrankungen (Schriftenreihe Neurologie Neurology Series) (German Edition)
- Raymond Adams: A Life of Mind and Muscle
- Dystonia (World Federation of Neurology Seminars in Clinical Neurology, Volume 3)
Additional resources for Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice, 2-Volume Set: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 6e
Syncope due to cardiac arrhythmias generally occurs more quickly than syncope from other causes. Cardiac syncope may occur in any position, is occasionally exercise induced, and may occur in both congenital and acquired forms of heart disease. Although palpitations sometimes occur during arrhythmias, others are unaware of any cardiac symptoms. Syncopal episodes secondary to cardiac arrhythmias may be more prolonged than benign syncope. The most common arrhythmias causing syncope are AV block, SA block, and paroxysmal supraventricular and ventricular tachyarrhythmias.
The patient initially may experience hallucinations or illusions, affective symptoms such as fear or depression, cognitive symptoms such as a sense of depersonalization or unreality, or aphasia. The complex partial seizure generally lasts 1 to 3 minutes but may be shorter or longer. It may become generalized and evolve into a tonic-clonic convulsion. During a complex partial seizure, automatisms, generally more complex than those in absence seizures, may occur. The automatisms may involve continuation of the patient’s activity before the onset of the seizure, or they may be new motor acts.
In elderly patients with cervical skeletal deformities, certain head movements such as hyperextension or lateral rotation can result in syncope secondary to vertebrobasilar arterial ischemia. In these patients, associated vestibular symptoms are common. Occasionally, cerebral vasospasm secondary to basilar artery migraine or subarachnoid hemorrhage may be responsible. Insufficiency of the cerebral circulation frequently causes other neurological symptoms, depending on the circulation involved. Reduction in blood flow in the carotid circulation may lead to loss of consciousness, lightheadedness, giddiness, and a sensation of an impending faint.