By Sebastiaan Overeem, Paul Reading
Formulate cures with self belief in case you seek advice Sleep problems in Neurology , a beneficial assessment of either universal and infrequent neurological problems which are often observed through major sleep disturbances. This concise consultant explains whilst to refer to a nap expert in coping with a specific sleep problem and attracts at the services of neurologists who concentrate on the issues below dialogue. This sensible advisor is absolutely illustrated and simply digested, offering a counterpoint to massive encyclopedic reference volumes. The authors take you from historical past taking and diagnostic checking out, to pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapies, and are joined by way of affliction sub-specialists within the chapters on illness particular sleep disturbances and the results of universal neurological drugs on sleep.
This ebook is key for sleep medication experts, in addition to for clinicians and well-being care execs now not in particular proficient in sleep medication, yet who however have to deal with neurologically broken sufferers with more and more well-known sleep-wake disturbances.
By T. J. Fowler DM, FRCP, R. W. May MB, BS, MRCGP (auth.)
DDDDDDDDDDDD potent administration logically follows exact prognosis. Such common sense usually is tough to use in perform. Absolute diagnostic accuracy will not be attainable, fairly within the box of basic care, while administration needs to be on research of indicators and on wisdom of the person sufferer and family members. This sequence follows that on difficulties in perform which was once con cerned extra with prognosis within the widest experience and this sequence offers extra definitively with normal care and particular remedy of symp toms and illnesses. solid administration needs to contain wisdom of the character, direction and consequence of the stipulations, in addition to fashionable scientific positive factors and overview and investigations, however the emphasis is on what to do most sensible for the sufferer. family members scientific practitioners have specific problems and merits of their paintings. simply because they typically paintings in expert isolation in the neighborhood and take care of particularly small numbers of near-normal sufferers their event with the worse and extra infrequent stipulations is specific. They locate it tough to stay updated with scientific advances or even tougher to settle on the suitability and alertness of recent and comparatively untried equipment in comparison with those who are 'old' and good confirmed. IX Their merits are that due to long term non-stop deal with their sufferers they've got come to understand them and their households good and may be able to familiarize yourself with the extra universal and no more critical ailments in their communities.
By Matthew Robbins, Brian M. Grosberg, Richard Lipton
This booklet is a realistic consultant to headache drugs designed for either neurologists and common practitioners. Its specialist writer crew introduces the rules of type and analysis, and focuses intimately at the major periods of headache migraine, tension-type and trigeminal autonomic cephalgias, together with cluster headache. The book’s clinically targeted sensible technique covers strange headache issues, equivalent to hemicrania continua and new day-by-day chronic headache, and addresses the administration of headache in girls, teenagers and the elderly.
By Michael Hortsch (auth.), Hisashi Umemori, Michael Hortsch (eds.)
Over the previous few years, various diverse cellphone adhesion molecules (CAMs) were pointed out which are critical for synapse formation and upkeep. contemporary examine, despite the fact that, has additionally printed that many synaptic connections are hugely dynamic and never as good as at first concept. a fragile stability among adhesive and anti-adhesive occasions on the synapse means that CAM services are hugely regulated. Dr. Michael Hortsch and Dr. Hisashi Umemori's The Sticky Synapse: mobile Adhesion Molecules and Their function in Synapse Formation and upkeep provides the 1st accomplished synopsis on how adhesive proteins give a contribution to synapse formation, functionality, and reworking. subject matters mentioned diversity from common synaptic techniques, equivalent to neuromuscular junction and CNS synapse formation, to CAM-specific chapters on Cadherins, Ig-domain CAMs, Neuroligins, extracellular matrix molecules, Connexins etc, and the way those CAM households give a contribution in particular to synaptic performance. the wide variety of basic and technical details provided during this ebook will attract scholars, researchers, and clinicians within the fields of molecular and mobile neuroscience, neurophysiology, and developmental neurobiology.
About the editors:
Dr. Michael Hortsch holds a degree measure in Biochemistry from the loose collage Berlin and a Ph.D. in Biology from the college of Heidelberg in Germany.While operating at theWeizmann Institute in Israel, the eu Molecular Biology Laboratory in Heidelberg, and on the college of California at Berkeley he has released on themes resembling the mechanism of development issue receptor activation, the shipping of proteins throughout membranes, and the physiological roles of neuronal mobilephone adhesion molecules in the course of worried method improvement. He has been a college member of the dep. of phone and Developmental Biology on the college of Michigan in Ann Arbor because 1991. Dr. Hortsch has served on medical evaluation panels for the nationwide Institutes of healthiness, the nationwide technological know-how beginning, and different agencies.
Dr. Hisashi Umemori is a college member of the Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute and of the dept of organic Chemistry on the college of Michigan scientific college. He labored with Dr. Tadashi Yamamoto on the Institute of clinical Sciences of the college of Tokyo and analyzed intracellular signaling mechanisms which are concerned about myelination and in studying and memory.While operating with Dr. Joshua R. Sanes atWashington college scientific university and at Harvard college, he pointed out synaptic organizing molecules that advertise synapse formation in the course of apprehensive procedure improvement. presently, his laboratory is operating to discover the molecular mechanisms that govern the formation of sensible neural circuits within the mind. Dr. Umemori has obtained a variety of awards, together with a Basil O'Connor Award and a Klingenstein Fellowship Award.
By Sid Gilman
The Oxford American guide of Neurology is a realistic, quick-reference consultant to be used at the ward and within the sanatorium. It comprises details on neurological overview and customary shows and problems, together with sleep problems, neurotrama, and neurosurgery. a variety of neuro-imaging reports and diagrams complement concise, to-the-point textual content. The ebook concludes with an appendix of often used scales and indices. it may discover a position within the arms of all these taking good care of neurological sufferers.
By Karl-Michael Haus, Christa Berting-Hüneke, Sabine George, Ursula Kleinschmidt, Angela Harth, Hans Hary, Reinhard Ott-Schindele, Irving Speight
Speziell für Ergo- und Physiotherapeuten
Das wird Sie interessieren…
* Wie wirkt bahnende und hemmende Reizverarbeitung bei normaler oder gestörter Bewegungsausführung?
* Welche Schädigungsrprozesse im ZNS sind für die Symptomatik der Multiplen Sklerose verantwortlich?
* Welche Funktionen haben die five sensomotorischen Regelkreise (1. bis 5.SMRK)?
* was once versteht guy unter ''neuronaler Plastizität''?
Zu diesen Fragen und vielen anderen finden Sie in den 6 Kapiteln des ''Grundlagen''-Teils präzise, verständliche Antworten, klare Definitionen und anschauliche Illustrationen. Wie wichtig gute Kenntnisse der Anatomie und Funktionsweise des zentralen und peripheren Nervensystems für Sie als Schüler bzw. Praktiker sind, verdeutlicht das Buch durch die Verknüpfung dieser Grundlagen mit Ihren praktischen Lern- bzw.Praxiserfahrungen:
* Hinweise zur ''Therapierelevanz'' beschreiben und begründen, wie zentralnervöse Prozesse und normale oder gestörte neurophysiologische Funktionen in der Therapie genutzt oder beeinflusst werden können.
* ''Exkurse'' in die Neurologie und Pädiatrie stellen konkrete Bezüge zur Neuropathologie bekannter Störungsbilder her.
So nutzen Sie Ihr Basiswissen ganz praktisch…
In den Kapiteln des ''Praxis''-Teils finden Sie
* die Grundprinzipien der ergotherapeutischen Befundung und Therapie neurologischer Patienten,
* ausführliche konkrete Behandlungsanleitungen für häufige Krankheitsbilder (Hemiparese, Parkinson-Erkrankung und Kleinhirnataxie), die modifiziert auf andere Störungsbilder anwendbar sind,
* umfangreiche Patientenbeispiele, die problemorientiertes therapeutisches Vorgehen an realen Fallgeschichten nachvollziehbar machen.
Weitere Kapitel gehen auf die Internationale Klassifikation der Funktionsfähigkeit, Behinderung und Gesundheit (ICF) und ihre Bedeutung für die Therapiegestaltung ein und – beispielhaft für den Einsatz ergotherapeutischer Praxismodelle – auf das ''Kanadische Modell der Betätigungs-Performanz (CMOP).
Neu in der 2. Auflage:
- Alle Grundlagenkapitel (Neurophysiologie, normale Bewegung) aktualisiert und optimiert
- Alle Fallbeispiele zu unterschiedlichen neurologischen Störungsbildern neu geschrieben: jetzt konsequent anhand der ICF-Befundkriterien erklärt
Ein Muss für Lernende, Berufsanfänger und Wiedereinsteiger
Eine Fundgrube mit aktuellen Informationen und Anregungen auch für erfahrene Praktiker
By Otmar Meienberg, M. Mumenthaler
Die Untersuchung der Augenmotilität kann einerseits eine Parese, andererseits aber auch Anomalien im Ablauf der Blickbewegungen aufdecken. Diese letzteren geschehen durch sakkadische Augenbewegungen, deren exakte Erfassung und examine mittels okulographischer Methoden möglich ist. Erst diese exakt reproduzierbaren, registrierbaren und quantifizierbaren Techniken erlauben einen wissenschaftlich fundierten Einsatz in der neuroophthalmologischen Diagnostik. Das Buch vermittelt dem Neurologen und Ophthalmologen umfassende Informationen über den Wert der Methode, ist aber auch eine exakte Anleitung zur praktischen Durchführung der Untersuchung.
By Robert B. Daroff MD, Gerald M Fenichel MD, Joseph Jankovic MD, John C Mazziotta MD PhD
Neurology in medical perform brings you the most up-tp-date scientific neurology via a complete textual content, certain colour photos, and video demonstrations. Drs. Daroff, Fenichel, Jankovic and Mazziotta, besides greater than one hundred fifty professional members, current insurance of interventional neuroradiology, neurointensive care, prion ailments and their diagnoses, neurogenetics, and lots of different new advancements. on-line at www.expertconsult.com, you’ll have entry to a downloadable photo library, movies, and the absolutely searchable textual content for the dynamic, multimedia content material you want to observe the most recent methods in prognosis and management.
- Find solutions simply via an intuitive association via either symptom and grouping of illnesses that mirrors how you practice.
- Diagnose and deal with the entire diversity of neurological issues with authoritative and updated guidance.
- Refer to key details at-a-glance via a full-color layout and format that makes the ebook more straightforward to consult.
- Access the totally searchable textual content on-line at www.expertconsult.com, besides downloadable photos, video demonstrations, and reference updates.
- Stay present on advances in interventional neuroradiology, neurointensive care, prion illnesses, neurogenetics, and more.
- See precisely how neurological issues current with on-line movies of EEG and seizures, flow problems, EMG, cranial neuropathies, issues of higher and decrease motor neurons.
- Keep up with advancements within the box via major revisions to the textual content, together with brand-new chapters on neuromodulation and psychogenic problems and a totally overhauled neuroimaging section.
- Tap into the services of greater than one hundred fifty top neurologists―50 new to this edition.
Don’t fall in the back of the advances in scientific neurology – use Bradley’s multimedia content material and get ahead
By Joseph Jankovic MD, Alberto Albanese, M. Zouhair Atassi PhD DSc, J. Oliver Dolly, Mark Hallett, Nathaniel H. Mayer
The recent, therapeutically-focused Botulinum Toxin offers entire, cross-disciplinary assistance on present practices, protecting greater than a hundred non-cosmetic stipulations that happen in neurology, actual medication and rehabilitation, discomfort medication, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, urology, orthopedics, and surgical procedure. overseas members evaluation the present knowing of the biology and mobile mechanisms in addition to appropriate study so that you can simply follow them to the pathophysiology of the various problems that botulinum toxin is used to treat―such as botulinum toxin functions for the remedy of cranial-cervical dystonias, motor problems in cerebral palsy, bruxism and temporomandibular issues, headache, overactive bladder, power pelvic ache syndromes, arthritis joint discomfort, and wound therapeutic. With discussions of the newest in licensed therapy practices in addition to new and rising makes use of, you’ll get in-depth administration assistance at the software of the toxin.
- Provides medical functions of botulinum toxin for over a hundred issues for fast entry and simple reference in the course of perform and therapy.
- Covers a huge array of sizzling issues, together with botulinum toxin purposes for the remedy of cranial-cervical dystonias, motor issues in cerebral palsy, bruxism and temporomandibular issues, headache, overactive bladder, persistent pelvic discomfort syndromes, arthritis joint soreness, and wound therapeutic.
- Focuses on authorized makes use of with specialist recommendation on completely verified functions but in addition discusses new and rising purposes to reveal you to extra healing procedures.
- Presents the main entire and up to date fabric to be had so that you get the entire details you would like from this one source.
- Offers the cross-disciplinary counsel of the easiest world-class services via an authoritative, foreign staff of authors who reveal the purposes of botulinum toxin throughout a variety of specialties.