By Robert M. Mattison
A realistic advisor delivering a close exam of database architectures, together with relational, pre-relational, allotted, and object-oriented designs. The e-book discusses the advantageous issues of every structure and explores the categorical configurations of present database items provided on UNIX, mainframe, and workstation systems.
By Oliver Sims
This paintings offers with the benefits to be won from employing object-orientation to client-server platforms, describing a brand new method of structuring program software program. the writer indicates how business-sized gadgets (CBOs), instead of functions, are the easiest "shape" for the Nineteen Nineties and lead to either ease of programming and company advantages. The reader can how you can utilize client-server expertise through re-evaluating the layout of application-level and system-level code.
By Kevin Lewis
Effective, immediately on hand on-line assistance is a demand for present day interactive functions. before, Java program builders were compelled to boost their very own aid approach. that is not important. With the discharge of JavaHelp™, there's a whole and conventional on-line aid method for the Java™ platform.Creating potent JavaHelp covers the most gains and innovations of JavaHelp. It exhibits the way to create a easy JavaHelp approach, arrange aid subject matters, and installation the assistance method in an program. Written for all degrees of Java builders and technical writers, the publication takes a chapter-by-chapter method of development ideas. It imparts an entire knowing of the way to create usable JavaHelp platforms and combine them into Java functions and applets.Topics lined include:
- Understanding JavaHelp
- Creating your first HelpSet
- Planning the JavaHelp project
- Preparing support topics
- Creating HelpSet information and navigation files
- Enhancing the HelpSet
- Using the JavaHelp API for complex presentation options
- Deploying the assistance method on your users
- Using third-party help-authoring tools
By Alastair Hole
- Get the main out of Moodle's integrated extra—the Yahoo! consumer Interface Library (YUI)
- Explore quite a lot of smooth interactive positive aspects, from AJAX to Animation
- Integrate exterior libraries like jQuery framework with Moodle
What you'll examine from this book
- Get all started with the Yahoo! consumer Interface Library
- Add validation positive factors on your Moodle forms
- Retrieve and method info from exterior websites in a number codecs utilizing AJAX
- Add function wealthy spreadsheet-style info tables—sorting, paging, and inline editing
- Add auto-complete performance to textual content bins and blend boxes
- Make use of complicated navigation controls—drop-down menus, tabbed panels, and modal windows
- Use animation techniques—fading, scrolling, and resizing
- Integrate exterior libraries resembling JQuery framework, MooTools framework, and Dojo framework
- Initialize a YUI DataSource
Who this ebook is written for
By Joe Marini
This is the last word consultant to making and lengthening files in the program programming interface of the record item version (DOM). The e-book examines real-world purposes of the DOM, together with unique case reports of DOM-based browsers and purposes and offers a complete, language-neutral exam of the DOM and its comparable functions.
By Michael Sikora
Solar Microsystems estimates the dimensions of the Java developer marketplace to be 2.5 million and rising). As advertisement companies flow over from buyer server structures to constructing multi-tiered web-based platforms, this viewers will keep growing. This ebook is exclusive in that it covers loads of flooring in a small variety of pages, utilizing examples and concentrated guideline to educate techniques. it's geared toward the reader who has event programming in one other language and is attracted to switching to Java. this is often additionally an ideal complement for classes in a variety in the CS curriculum and a couple of teachers surveyed have expressed enthusiasm for this actual booklet to be able to get all in their scholars up-to-speed quick on Java.
By Leo Dorst
Geometric Algebra for laptop technological know-how (Revised Edition) provides a compelling replacement to the constraints of linear algebra.
Geometric algebra (GA) is a compact, time-effective, and performance-enhancing solution to symbolize the geometry of 3D gadgets in computing device courses. This e-book explains GA as a ordinary extension of linear algebra and conveys its value for 3D programming of geometry in pix, imaginative and prescient, and robotics. It systematically explores the techniques and strategies which are key to representing easy gadgets and geometric operators utilizing GA. It covers intimately the conformal version, a handy technique to enforce 3D geometry utilizing a 5D illustration area. various drills and programming workouts are important for either scholars and practitioners. A spouse site comprises hyperlinks to GAViewer, a software that may let you engage with some of the 3D figures within the ebook; and Gaigen 2, the platform for the instructive programming routines that finish each one chapter.
The booklet might be of curiosity to execs operating in fields requiring advanced geometric computation corresponding to robotics, special effects, and desktop video games. it's also be excellent for college students in graduate or complex undergraduate courses in machine technology.
- Explains GA as a traditional extension of linear algebra and conveys its importance for 3D programming of geometry in pics, imaginative and prescient, and robotics.
- Systematically explores the recommendations and methods which are key to representing effortless items and geometric operators utilizing GA.
- Covers intimately the conformal version, a handy technique to enforce 3D geometry utilizing a 5D illustration house.
- Presents potent techniques to creating GA an essential component of your programming.
- Includes a variety of drills and programming workouts worthy for either scholars and practitioners.
- Companion site comprises hyperlinks to GAViewer, a software that might let you engage with some of the 3D figures within the booklet, and Gaigen 2, the platform for the instructive programming routines that finish every one bankruptcy.
By Giulio Toffoli
IReport is an open resource software which could create complicated stories which could use all types of Java
application throughout the JasperReports library. it really is written in a hundred% natural Java and is sent with
source code in keeping with the GNU common Public License. JasperStudio is the pro variation of
iReport it truly is basically an analogous software, yet is commercially supported through JasperSoft Corporation
and published as a part of the JasperSoft company Intelligence Suite, a accomplished set of tools
for built-in reporting, research, and information integration. as well as JasperStudio, the suite is comprised
of JasperServer, a high-performance company intelligence and record server JasperAnalysis,
an OLAP engine to drill down and slice and cube info and JasperETL, a ready-to-run facts integration
platform delivering information extract-transform-load (ETL) capabilities.
Through an intuitive and wealthy photograph interface, iReport allows you to swiftly create any sort of
report comfortably. iReport permits engineers who're simply studying this know-how to entry all the
functions of JasperReports in addition to aiding expert clients to avoid wasting loads of time throughout the development
of very complex reports.
This consultant refers back to the 2.0.0 model of iReport, yet an excellent component to this data is directly
applicable to past types my dedication is to maintain this advisor as up to date as attainable with
future iReport types.
By Steve Cook, John Daniels
The authors current a "second-generation" process, which attracts from the easiest of "first-generation" object-oriented research and layout tools. the strategy set out within the ebook, Syntropy, is exclusive within the following methods - cautious differences are drawn approximately what's being modelled and why; all the notations may be accurately with regards to one another; loads of semantic reasoning and checking is feasible; an entire therapy of concurrency is supplied; and strategies for partitioning types are defined. This booklet is designed to equip the reader with a whole set of strategies for construction huge and intricate interactive software program structures. the first graphical notations used are editions of OMT (the Rumbaugh item modelling notation), Harel statecharts, and Booch mechanisms.