By Rebeca Mojica
Unchain your creativity!
Whether you're new to chain mail or a professional weaver, Chained will introduce you to the paintings of mixing steel bounce jewelry into elaborate designs, in a brand new method. No different ebook indicates the best way to use such a lot of weaves in such a lot of methods, or provides this old paintings the sort of appealing and smooth twist. ideas as soon as used for armor now have a brand new lifestyles and will be used to create dependent adornments.
Open Chained and find:
• transparent, specific step by step pictures that would take you from starting and shutting bounce jewelry to completing your first (or fiftieth!) project
• Easy-to-navigate "Weave in a Nutshell" recommendations for plenty of weaves that may exhibit complex chain mail weavers the weave of a undertaking in exactly a number of steps
• 22 attractive initiatives plus dozens of adaptations, together with rings, bracelets, necklaces and pendants, each one with its personal ability point and time funding rating
• never-ending recommendations: pick out your favourite shades, your favourite metals, customise the scale of your undertaking, and locate idea so as to add your personal specified stamp to any piece of chain mail jewelry
Gather your pliers and lumps of leap jewelry and weave your solution to appealing jewellery with Chained.
Read or Download Chained: Create Gorgeous Chain Mail Jewelry One Ring at a Time PDF
Similar crafts books
A number of reasonable and available yarns are used to create the seven various daily handbags featured during this craft publication. huge or small, broad or slim, zippered or buttoned, tote designs for all tastes are available the following. every one purse has a really certain type: Luna is a giant, slouchy bag with a Bohemian angle; Dancette is a dressy cable and intarsia snatch for the night; and Harriott is a classically adapted satchel.
For the prior few years, provide Thompson has spent his weekends beginning fires, development cannons, and experimenting with dry ice and liquid nitrogen. He's made pumpkins explode, defied gravity, and came upon numerous how one can make lifestyle more uncomplicated utilizing traditional goods corresponding to butter, suntan lotion, cupcake wrappers, and aluminum foil.
Create appealing fabric with only a easy loom.
This effortless and obtainable advisor to weaving makes use of the straightforward rigid-heddle loom to create materials which are an ideal mix of enjoyable and performance. The rigid-heddle loom is small, transportable, and cheap, making it the fitting start line for someone desirous to how you can weave. 17 fast and straightforward weaving tasks convey find out how to make materials which are tender and drapey, good and sensible, or simply undeniable enjoyable and funky.
Projects contain woven scarves and belts, pillows, napkins, and hand-woven rugs. entire, up-to-date directions for warping a loom, transparent step by step photographs and considerable counsel, tips, and strategies for colour, layout, and embellishment are incorporated. Weaving Made effortless is the final word notion booklet for the start weaver.
Costume up as a jester or a king or queen and lead a Mardi Gras parade! persist with storyteller Randel McGee as he explores the background and emblems of Mardi Gras in PAPER CRAFTS FOR MARDI GRAS. Create a Columbina masks, paper bead throw necklace, a gold doubloon necklace, a rhythm maker, and extra!
- Super Stitches Sewing: A Complete Guide to Machine-Sewing and Hand-Stitching
- Image Transfer Workshop: Mixed-Media Techniques for Successful Transfers
- Comfort Crocheted Afghans: Three Heirloom Blankets for Home and Family
- Beading with Pearls: Beautiful Jewelry, Simple Techniques
- Kit Building for Railway Modellers, Volume 2: Locomotives and Multiple Units
- Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Projects for Adorable and Rustic Decor, Storage, Lighting, Gifts and Much More
Additional info for Chained: Create Gorgeous Chain Mail Jewelry One Ring at a Time
9 Wrap until you have a bit of excess wire. With your wire cutters, trim the excess, being sure to snip the wire as close to the stem as possible. 6 Sandwich the wire loop with the jaws of the ﬂat-nose pliers. 8 Wrap slowly and smoothly, making sure each pass around the stem lines up right next to the prior wrap. 10 If you’d like, use your bent-nose pliers to squish the tip of the wire toward the stem wire. Grip ﬁrmly with the bent-nose pliers, and move in the direction of the wrap to create a smooth and seamless end.
Small rotary tumblers are readily available at rock shops and online. Add stainless steel shot (small BBs) and burnishing compound to water before tumbling—the shot acts as thousands of tiny hammers to pound out slight imperfections in the rings. If you are not using shot, make sure to tumble several pieces at once so that there is enough friction to shine the rings. Care should be taken when tumbling pieces with beads, as crystals could shatter and some semi-precious stones should not be soaked in water.
As you add new rings, not only do you want to keep the weave in your hands, but you also want to keep your pliers in your hands at all times. If you need to use your ﬁngers for something, move the pliers back in your hands so your ﬁngers are free. In the example below, I need to weave an open ring through 6 closed rings that are already part of the weave. I’m holding the 6 rings taut with my non-dominant hand. This means they won’t slip and slide around as I add the new ring. You should always hold as tightly as possible without covering up the path for the new ring.