By Franck Barbier, Jean-Luc Recoussine
Nowadays, billions of strains of code are within the COBOL programming language. This ebook is an research, a prognosis, a method, a MDD approach and a device to remodel legacy COBOL into modernized functions that conform to net computing, Service-Oriented structure (SOA) and the Cloud. It serves as a blueprint for these in command of discovering ideas to this huge challenge.
Read or Download COBOL Software Modernization (Computer Engineering) PDF
Best object-oriented design books
The sensible attitude of creating Java firm structures with J2EE offers the conceptual history and wealth of code examples had to truly gather structures in an invaluable demeanour with the J2EE applied sciences. additionally, this booklet demonstrates how the applied sciences supplement and construct on most sensible of each other through evolution of a cohesive and genuine pattern software.
It is a booklet for these people who believed that we didn’t have to research Perl, and now we all know it really is extra ubiquitous than ever. Perl is very versatile and robust, and it isn’t terrified of net 2. zero or the cloud. initially touted because the duct tape of the web, Perl has given that developed right into a multipurpose, multiplatform language current completely far and wide: heavy-duty internet functions, the cloud, platforms management, usual language processing, and fiscal engineering.
This SpringerBrief introduces the improvement and sensible software of a module-oriented improvement framework for area particular system-dynamic libraries (SDL approach), which might be utilized in the simulation of multi-causal and dynamic relationships on various degrees of an undefined, for example the development undefined.
- Modeling of Dynamic Object Systems: A Logic-based Approach (Vieweg Advanced Studies in Computer Science) (German Edition)
- Professional Hibernate
- UML 2 Certification Guide: Fundamental and Intermediate Exams (The MK/OMG Press)
- Objektorientierte Programmierung in Oberon-2 (German Edition)
- Core Java™ 2, Volume I--Fundamentals (7th Edition)
Extra info for COBOL Software Modernization (Computer Engineering)
E. moving the code from mainframes to platforms with distribution capabilities or, more frequently, adopting the Web three-tier application style. NET. In fact, when the initial code leads to no significant restructuring when observed in the new target (language and/or platform), this is “lightweight”. In this case, most data structures remain as is. Unfortunately, the output code remains cryptic; it is thus still subject to sizeable long-term maintenance costs. In this line of reasoning, migration to object-oriented COBOL might be a ticking time bomb if existing data structures are transformed into classes in a one-to-one mapping approach.
Bus schedules fit to libraries’ working hours, children’s entertainment events, etc. In such a context, town citizens do not care about librarian and bus driver salaries, fuel in buses, libraries’ heating, etc. In this line of reasoning, it has always been tempting, even healthy, to isolate information from its physical implementation. This approach aims at better considering information-as-a-service. Instinctively, information consumers do not pay attention to computing environments being hardware or software.
1. Re-engineering in action Nowadays, reverse and forward engineering have a consensus in terms of both definition and practice. To that extent, there exists a plethora of re-engineering methods and tools. info 34 COBOL Software Modernization there is an assumption that the legacy code is the primary matter. In this context, reverse engineering always amounts to producing a syntactical code modeling, which is an instance of a Backus-Naur Form (BNF). A BNF is a metalanguage, a set of (meta)-words and grammar rules.