By Teater, Barbra
An creation to the various settings of social paintings, detailing the correct coverage context, equipment and approaches.
summary: An advent to the various settings of social paintings, detailing the appropriate coverage context, tools and techniques
Read or Download Contemporary social work practice PDF
Similar social work books
Mentoring will get a face elevate during this guide for fostering a fit, winning mentoring software. constructed with enter from massive Brothers giant Sisters and MENTOR/The nationwide Mentoring Partnership, this consultant offers a finished procedure that components within the wishes of the complete mentoring crew, together with software leaders, mentors, mentees, mom and dad, and caregivers.
This instruction manual provides an summary of the ancient and social context of rape in the US. • comprises an in depth listing of corporations that experience an important impression nationally or locally within the flow to prevent and forestall sexual violence• offers specific listings of print and nonprint assets
Reading the culture of healing groups, their rules and their context, healing groups: prior, current and destiny is a wide-ranging advent to either idea and perform. together with contributions by way of essentially the most eminent figures operating in healing groups, the e-book explores the inventive and unique methods of such groups to psychiatric care.
An creation to the varied settings of social paintings, detailing the proper coverage context, equipment and ways. summary: An advent to the varied settings of social paintings, detailing the suitable coverage context, tools and techniques
- The Emergency Evacuation of Cities
- Social Work with Looked After Children (Transforming Social Work Practice Series)
- Strategies to Approximate Random Sampling and Assignment (Pocket Guide to Social Work Research Methods)
- Oxford Textbook of Palliative Social Work (Oxford Textbooks in Palliative Medicine)
Additional resources for Contemporary social work practice
Not to be redistributed or modified in any way without permission. The process for assessing kinship carers is similar and often uses the same PFCR format. However, the report and assessment will also acknowledge and examine the pre-existing relationship a child has with the kinship carer, and in practice the child may well already be living with her or his kinship carers whilst an assessment is being undertaken. A kinship assessment may also have the additional complexity that the carers may be facing the same challenging social and environmental factors as a child’s birth parents.
24) and consider, for each case (a to f), who you might approach for an assessment of the child and family. Questions ? Process. Which partner agencies might be especially helpful in this scenario in providing information? What specific tools/techniques do you think might aid assessment? Know-how. Which parts of the Children Act 1989 apply in this scenario? What theoretical knowledge will you draw on and why? Abilities. What specific skills do you think are important in approaching the assessment?
Ultimately, for agencies and practitioners to more fully meet the cultural, ethnic and religious needs of children in care the answer is still to proactively work towards recruiting carers and adopters wherever possible from diverse backgrounds. Matching is an exercise in prioritising needs and matching children with the skills and attributes of the carers/adopter available. Recruiting carers from diverse backgrounds widens the pool of skills and attributes and enables better matching not just on ethnic, cultural and religious grounds but across a child’s full range of needs.