By Ted R. Watkins
provides a version that integrates idea and learn from substance abuse and psychological health and wellbeing in addition to providing simultaneous built-in remedy in one atmosphere. construction upon a pretty good theoretical and learn beginning, the e-book discusses the original difficulties and therapy equipment adapted for particular psychological health problems while mixed with substance abuse, together with schizophrenia, bipolar ailment, significant melancholy, significant character problems, and anxiousness issues.
Read or Download Dual Diagnosis: An Integrated Approach to Treatment PDF
Best social work books
Mentoring will get a face raise during this instruction manual for fostering a fit, winning mentoring application. constructed with enter from substantial Brothers great Sisters and MENTOR/The nationwide Mentoring Partnership, this advisor offers a finished technique that components within the wishes of the total mentoring staff, together with software leaders, mentors, mentees, mom and dad, and caregivers.
This instruction manual provides an summary of the old and social context of rape in the United States. • contains an in depth listing of enterprises that experience an important influence nationally or domestically within the flow to prevent and forestall sexual violence• presents particular listings of print and nonprint assets
Studying the culture of healing groups, their rules and their context, healing groups: earlier, current and destiny is a wide-ranging creation to either thought and perform. together with contributions via probably the most eminent figures operating in healing groups, the e-book explores the inventive and unique techniques of such groups to psychiatric care.
An advent to the varied settings of social paintings, detailing the correct coverage context, equipment and ways. summary: An creation to the various settings of social paintings, detailing the appropriate coverage context, equipment and methods
- Promoting Positive Parenting: An Attachment-Based Intervention (Monographs in Parenting Series)
- Social and Community Development Practice
- The Birth of an Adoptive, Foster or Stepmother: Beyond Biological Mothering Attachments
- Adult Attachment in Clinical Social Work: Practice, Research, and Policy (Essential Clinical Social Work Series)
- People with intellectual disabilities: Towards a good life?
Extra info for Dual Diagnosis: An Integrated Approach to Treatment
8. , employee, student, family member)? 9. What has been your client's least successful role? 10. What (or w h o ) are your client's strongest sources o f community support? 1 1 . Check your client's skills in the following areas: Drives a car *·> Knows h o w to use public transportation Cares for own physical needs at home including eating well, bathing, and grooming <·» Manages o w n finances successfully Assumes responsibility for taking prescribed medications 38 φ DUAL DIAGNOSIS Protects self from victimization or high-risk behaviors Reads and writes well enough to communicate effectively 12.
Some professionals are concerned about the honesty of their clients' answers to questions on these instruments. Early research designed to determine the reliability and validity of clients' self-reports suggested that professionals can have confidence in their clients' answers when they are detoxified, rapport has been established with the interviewers, the questions are clear, and the clients know that confidentiality will be upheld (Skinner, 1984). In addition, it always is important to corroborate information with family and friends.
Sciacca (1987) describes initiatives in which progress is defined by how much insight clients have into their problems, particularly how alcohol and drugs affect their mental illness. Alcohol and drug-screening tools that encourage clients to answer questions about their drug-taking behaviors include the Short Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (Selzer, Vinokur, & Van Rooijen, 1975), the Drug Abuse Screening Test (Skinner, 1984), and the Addiction Severity Index (McLellan, Assessment and Differential Diagnosis φ 33 Luborsky, Woody, & O'Brien, 1980), among others.