By J.E. Roeckelein
In trying to comprehend and clarify a variety of behaviour, occasions, and phenomena of their box, psychologists have constructed and enunciated a major variety of ‘best guesses’ or theories in regards to the phenomenon in query. Such theories contain speculations and statements that variety on a efficiency continuum from ‘strong’ to ‘weak’. The time period concept, itself, has been conceived of in numerous methods within the mental literature.
In the current dictionary, the tactic of lumping jointly the entire a variety of conventional descriptive labels relating to psychologists ‘best guesses’ lower than the only descriptive time period thought has been followed. The descriptive labels of precept, legislations, conception, version, paradigm, influence, speculation and doctrine are hooked up to a few of the entries, and all such descriptive labels are subsumed less than the umbrella time period theory.
The identify of this dictionary emphasizes the time period idea (implying either powerful and susceptible most sensible guesses) and is a manner of indication, total, the contents of this accomplished dictionary in a parsimonious and felicitous fashion.
The dictionary will include nearly 2,000 phrases masking the origination, improvement, and evolution of assorted mental recommendations, in addition to the historic definition, research, and criticisms of mental recommendations. phrases and definitions are in English.
*Contains over 2,000 phrases overlaying the origination, improvement and evolution of assorted mental concepts
*Covers a large span of theories, from auditory, cognitive tactile and visible to humor and imagery
*An crucial source for psychologists desiring a single-source speedy reference
Read or Download Elsevier's Dictionary of Psychological Theories PDF
Best psychology & counseling books
The publication starts off with the matter of the connection among systematic philosophy and the historical past of philosophy. Why does philosophy connect lots value to historical past? attention of this query is a necessary a part of metaphysics, and it has very important effects for the technique of either background and philosophy.
El presente libro constituye una compilación de trabajos consagrados a los problemas filosóficos más importantes relativos al pensamiento y al lenguaje. El libro ha sido preparado bajo l. a. dirección de Dimitri Pavlovich Gorski.
Origen del lenguaje y su papel en l. a. formación del pensamiento (A. G. Spirkin)
Lenguaje y conocimiento (D. P. Gorski)
Acerca de los angeles correlación existente entre el lenguaje y el pensamiento (V. Z. Panfílov)
Las formas lógicas y su expresión en el lenguaje (A. S. Ajmánov)
La palabra y el concepto (V. M. Boguslavski)
La naturaleza del juicio y sus formas de expresión en el lenguaje (P. V. Kopnin)
La forma y el contenido en el lenguaje (E. M. Gálkina-Fedoruk)
A gaggle of difficulties that looks conspicuously within the current quantity, and in to this point contributes to the health of its name, has got a substantial curiosity at the a part of the general public at huge. Such curiosity turns out susceptible to take its clue from the job of these who bring in startling revelations at the foundation of surprising psychic stories, and who supply promise of exposing different worlds than the single with which good judgment and customary sensation acquaint us, instead of from the wary and constant result of severe scholars in research or in laboratory.
How will we, analysts, evaluation even if research is producing ameliorations in our sufferers? Time for swap: monitoring adjustments in Psychoanalyses. The Three-Level version specializes in the query of ways to monitor adjustments in psychoanalysis. The IPA venture Committee on scientific statement and trying out deals a device, a heuristic, or a consultant for refining, conceptualizing, and systematizing medical observations approximately sufferer modifications: The Three-Level version for gazing sufferer adjustments (3-LM).
- The complete idiot's guide to psychology
- Handbook of Depression: Second Edition
- Forensic Psychology
- The Signs of Language Revisited: An Anthology To Honor Ursula Bellugi and Edward Klima
- Advances in Cognitive Neurodynamics (IV): Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Cognitive Neurodynamics - 2013
Additional info for Elsevier's Dictionary of Psychological Theories
211. Allport, G. W. (1937). Personality: A psychological interpretation. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston. Bertocci, P. (1940). A critique of G. W. Allport’s theory of motivation. Psychological Review, 47, 501-532; 533554. Allport, G. W. (1947). Scientific models and human morals. Psychological Review, 54, 182-192. Seward, J. (1948). The sign of a symbol: A reply to Professor Allport, Psychological Review, 55, 277-296. Allport, G. W. (1955). Becoming: Basic considerations for a psychology of personality.
17. London: Hogarth Press. Abraham, K. (1921/1927). Contributions to the theory of the anal character. In Se- 28 lected papers on psychoanalysis. London: Hogarth Press. Abraham, K. (1966). On character and libido development: Six essays by Karl Abraham. New York: Norton. ANALOGUE THEORY OF MEMORY. See FORGETTING/MEMORY, THEORIES OF. ANALYSIS-BY-SYNTHESIS THEORY. See TOP-DOWN PROCESSING THEORIES. ANCESTRAL INHERITANCE, LAW OF. See GALTON’S LAWS. ANCHORAGE THEORIES OF. EFFECT. See AGING, ANCHORING EFFECT.
May, R. (1950). The meaning of anxiety. New York: Ronald Press. Klein, M. (1952). On the theory of anxiety and guilt. In J. ), Developments in psychoanalysis. London: Hogarth Press. Sullivan, H. S. (1953). The interpersonal theory of psychiatry. New York: Norton. Mowrer, O. H. (1960). Learning theory and behavior; and Learning theory and symbolic processes. New York: Wiley. Herrnstein, R. (1969). Method and theory in the study of avoidance. Psychological Review, 76, 49-69. , & Rescorla, R. (1972).