By Angela Walters
Renowned desktop quilter Angela Walters will encourage you to aim anything new! discover ways to sew her clean continuous-line designs in your longarm or family desktop. comprises step by step directions for continuous-line swirls, circles, squares, vines, arcs, and issues. utilizing easy free-motion abilities you have already got, observe the right way to procedure quilting a contemporary duvet via operating with daring materials and adverse house, uniting numerous shapes, and mixing designs. Draw idea from awesome photographs of 20 smooth quilts exhibiting Angela's designs. You'll love her useful suggestion for selecting the ideal development to provide your smooth cover greatest influence.
Read Online or Download Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts PDF
Best crafts books
A number of reasonable and on hand yarns are used to create the seven various daily handbags featured during this craft ebook. huge or small, extensive or slender, zippered or buttoned, tote designs for all tastes are available the following. each one purse has a really certain variety: Luna is a giant, slouchy bag with a Bohemian perspective; Dancette is a dressy cable and intarsia snatch for the night; and Harriott is a classically adapted satchel.
For the prior few years, provide Thompson has spent his weekends beginning fires, construction cannons, and experimenting with dry ice and liquid nitrogen. He's made pumpkins explode, defied gravity, and came upon numerous how you can make lifestyle more uncomplicated utilizing usual goods comparable to butter, suntan lotion, cupcake wrappers, and aluminum foil.
Create appealing textile with only a easy loom.
This effortless and available consultant to weaving makes use of the easy rigid-heddle loom to create materials which are an ideal mixture of enjoyable and performance. The rigid-heddle loom is small, transportable, and reasonable, making it the best place to begin for someone desirous to how to weave. 17 speedy and straightforward weaving initiatives convey tips to make materials which are tender and drapey, strong and useful, or simply simple enjoyable and funky.
Projects comprise woven scarves and belts, pillows, napkins, and hand-woven rugs. entire, up-to-date directions for warping a loom, transparent step by step images and plentiful suggestions, methods, and methods for colour, layout, and embellishment are integrated. Weaving Made effortless is the last word proposal publication for the start weaver.
Gown up as a jester or a king or queen and lead a Mardi Gras parade! persist with storyteller Randel McGee as he explores the background and logos of Mardi Gras in PAPER CRAFTS FOR MARDI GRAS. Create a Columbina masks, paper bead throw necklace, a gold doubloon necklace, a rhythm maker, and extra!
- Ornamental Origami: Exploring 3D Geometric Designs
- Making Trousers for Men & Women
- Colorific: Unlock the Secrets of Fabric Selection for Dynamic Quilts
- Steampunk Style Jewelry: Victorian, Fantasy, and Mechanical Necklaces, Bracelets, and Earrings
Extra info for Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts
7. Continue until you have filled the quilting area. 30 FREE-MOTION QUILTING with Angela Walters Seafoam Now that you know how to quilt Concentric Circles (page 28) and Pebbles (page 26), you can combine the two to create a whole new design. I named this design Seafoam because the swirls (Concentric Circles) look like ocean waves, and the small circles (Pebbles) look like the bubbles made from the swirling water. Like the Concentric Circles design, Seafoam is best used in large areas of the quilt.
Quilting arcs in irregular shapes is just as easy if you use the sides of the block as your guide.
2. Starting from the edge, quilt a wavy line in toward the center of the quilt. Stop at the edge of the center area. 50 FREE-MOTION QUILTING with Angela Walters Note: In this illustration, the center of the quilt is a square, but it may be a different shape. The steps are the same; you will just need to take care when tracing along the center. Modern Variation Pebbles (page 26) are used with heavy Wavy Lines (page 49) to create a wave. When quilting wavy lines, quilt pebbles between some of the rays.