By Margaret Hubert
A granny square is a section of square fabric produced in crochet by operating in rounds from the guts outward. Granny squares are made individually after which assembled to create a blanket. because you paintings on small items one after the other, this system is ideal when you are new to crocheting.
A crocheting fundamentals part presents ideas, abbreviations, and the directions had to make the 12 granny sq. tasks integrated during this step by step e-book.
Read or Download Granny Square Flower Garden: Instructions for Blanket with Choice of 12 Squares PDF
Similar crafts books
Numerous cheap and on hand yarns are used to create the seven diverse daily handbags featured during this craft publication. huge or small, vast or slender, zippered or buttoned, tote designs for all tastes are available right here. every one purse has a truly detailed variety: Luna is a huge, slouchy bag with a Bohemian angle; Dancette is a dressy cable and intarsia grab for the night; and Harriott is a classically adapted satchel.
For the prior few years, supply Thompson has spent his weekends beginning fires, development cannons, and experimenting with dry ice and liquid nitrogen. He's made pumpkins explode, defied gravity, and stumbled on numerous how you can make way of life more uncomplicated utilizing traditional goods resembling butter, suntan lotion, cupcake wrappers, and aluminum foil.
Create appealing fabric with only a basic loom.
This effortless and available consultant to weaving makes use of the easy rigid-heddle loom to create materials which are an ideal mixture of enjoyable and performance. The rigid-heddle loom is small, transportable, and cheap, making it the precise start line for someone eager to the way to weave. 17 speedy and straightforward weaving tasks express the way to make materials which are tender and drapey, good and functional, or simply simple enjoyable and funky.
Projects contain woven scarves and belts, pillows, napkins, and hand-woven rugs. whole, up-to-date directions for warping a loom, transparent step by step images and plentiful counsel, tips, and strategies for colour, layout, and embellishment are incorporated. Weaving Made effortless is the final word notion e-book for the start weaver.
Gown up as a jester or a king or queen and lead a Mardi Gras parade! keep on with storyteller Randel McGee as he explores the background and logos of Mardi Gras in PAPER CRAFTS FOR MARDI GRAS. Create a Columbina masks, paper bead throw necklace, a gold doubloon necklace, a rhythm maker, and extra!
- Sewing for a Royal Baby: 22 Heirloom Patterns for Your Little Prince or Princess
- The Better Bag Maker
- Creating Ribbon Flowers: The Nicholas Kniel Approach to Design, Style, Technique & Inspiration
- Origami for Busy People: 27 Original On-the-Go Projects
- Screen Printing At Home: Print Your Own Fabric to Make Simple Sewn Projects
- Re-Bound: Creating Handmade Books from Recycled and Repurposed Materials
Extra resources for Granny Square Flower Garden: Instructions for Blanket with Choice of 12 Squares
Binding: 1 yard 1. Make the templates and overlay for the block. 2. Press the block background in half horizontally Backing and sleeve: 51/4 yards Batting: 85˝ × 85˝ Additional supplies: Clear upholstery vinyl for positioning overlays: 2 yards (54˝ wide) or 4 yards (18˝ wide) Self-laminating sheets for templates (clear, single- and vertically. Place it on your design wall. 3. Cut out the appliqué pieces with their turnunder allowances. Place the appliqué pieces on the background on your design wall.
The numbers on the pattern indicate the stitching sequence—include these numbers on the overlay. They also tell you which side of the overlay is the right side. 1. Cut a piece of the vinyl to the finished size of each block. If your vinyl has a tissue paper lining, cut the vinyl and tissue at the same time and set aside the tissue paper until you are ready to fold or store the overlay. If your vinyl isn’t wide enough, you can tape 2 pieces together with clear tape, front and back. 2. Copy the patterns in this book as indicated.
6. Make your overlays from the 3 paper patterns. 7. If piecing the center background, sew the 5 1/2˝-wide 3. Sew the side inner borders to the quilt. Press the pieces together side by side, and add a 61/4˝-wide piece to each end. Press the seam allowances to one side. Repeat for the bottom background. 8. Press each background in half horizontally and vertically. Place them on your design wall. 9. Cut out the appliqué pieces with their seam allowances. Place the appliqué pieces on the backgrounds 36 QUILT A NEW CHRISTMAS WITH PIECE O’ CAKE DESIGNS seam allowances toward the inner borders.