By Carolina M. Maier, Gary K. Steinberg
A complete assessment of the medical and scientific reports that experience ended in the resurgence of curiosity in hypothermia as a neuroprotective procedure within the therapy of stroke and aggravating mind damage. issues of designated value contain intraoperative and extensive care administration of hypothermia-treated sufferers, a serious examine the opportunity of combining hypothermia with pharmacotherapy, and an replace at the most modern technological advances that experience made hypothermic remedy attainable in modern day medical surroundings.
Read or Download Hypothermia and Cerebral Ischemia: Mechanisms and Clinical Applications PDF
Best neurology books
During the last few years, various various telephone adhesion molecules (CAMs) were pointed out which are relevant for synapse formation and upkeep. fresh examine, even though, has additionally printed that many synaptic connections are hugely dynamic and never as sturdy as in the beginning inspiration.
The volumes during this sequence contain modern suggestions major to a selected department of neuroscience. they're a useful reduction to the coed in addition to the skilled researcher not just in constructing protocols in neuroscience yet in disciplines the place study is turning into heavily relating to neuroscience.
A really interdisciplinary medical textual content, scientific Neuroradiology investigates the structure-function dating for significant CNS ailments, illustrated by means of contemplating genuine scientific situations. Authored via a number one neuroradiologist, this landmark book offers neuroradiologists with scientific neurological correlates and neurologists with imaging correlates for all key neurological stipulations.
- The Believing Brain: From Ghosts and Gods to Politics and Conspiracies — How We Construct Beliefs and Reinforce Them as Truths
- Acute Stroke Treatment 2nd Edition, 2nd Edition
- Neurologie: … in 5 Tagen, 1st Edition
- Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain–for Life
Additional resources for Hypothermia and Cerebral Ischemia: Mechanisms and Clinical Applications
41. Carroll M. and Beek O. (1992) Protection against hippocampal CA1 cell loss by post-ischemic hypothermia is dependent on delay of initiation and duration. Metab. Brain Dis. 7, 45–50. 42. Coimbra C. and Wieloch T. (1994) Moderate hypothermia mitigates neuronal damage in the rat brain when initiated several hours following transient cerebral ischemia. Acta Neuropathol. 87, 325–331. 43. Green E. , Dietrich W. , et al. (1992) Protective effects of brain hypothermia on behavior and histopathology following global cerebral ischemia in rats.
A. (1996) Cerebral hyperthermia during cardiopulmonary bypass in adults. J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 111, 268–269. Chapter 2 / Hypo- and Hyperthermia in Global Cerebral Ischemia 35 62. , et al. (1995) Fever in acute stroke worsens prognosis. A prospective study. Stroke 26, 2040–2043. 63. , Jorgensen H. , Pedersen P. , et al. (1996) Body temperature in acute stroke: relation to stroke severity, infarct size, mortality, and outcome. Lancet 347, 422–425. 64. , and Noya M. (1998) Timing for fever-related brain damage in acute ischemic stroke.
J. Cerebr. Blood Flow Metab. 15, 960–968. 46. Pazos A. , Green E. , et al. (1999) Effects of combined postischemic hypothermia and delayed N-tert-butyl-alpha-pheylnitrone (PBN) administration on histopathological and behavioral deficits associated with transient global ischemia in rats. Brain Res. 846, 186–195. 47. Dietrich W. , and Bethea J. R. (1999) Postischemic hypothermia and IL-10 treatment provide long-lasting neuroprotection of CA1 hippocampus following transient global ischemia in rats.