By James F Collins
Molecular, Genetic, and dietary points of significant and hint Minerals is a distinct reference that offers an entire evaluate of the non-vitamin micronutrients, together with calcium, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, and zinc.
In addition, the publication covers the dietary and toxicological homes of nonessential minerals chromium, fluoride and boron, and silicon and vanadium, in addition to ultra-trace minerals and people without demonstrated nutritional requirement for people. clients will locate in-depth chapters on each one crucial mineral and mineral metabolism, besides discussions of nutritional suggestions within the usa and round the world.
- Presents the one medical connection with disguise the entire nutritionally suitable crucial significant and hint minerals
- Provides a wide introductory bankruptcy on each one mineral to provide readers worthy history and context
- Clarifies the mobile and molecular points of every mineral and its genetic and genomic aspects
- Includes insurance of all nutritionally correct minerals—essential significant hint minerals and ultra-trace minerals
- Underscores the real interactions among minerals so readers learn the way metabolism of 1 mineral affects another
Read Online or Download Molecular, Genetic, and Nutritional Aspects of Major and Trace Minerals (Molecular Nutrition) PDF
Best special topics books
Livestock Plague: A heritage is split into 5 sections, facing the character of the virus, by means of a chronological background of its incidence in Europe from the Roman Empire to the ultimate twentieth century outbreaks; then administrative regulate measures via laws, the primary gamers from the 18th century, via an research of a few results, political, monetary and social.
Each nation on the planet is worried with the dietary prestige of its inhabitants and in using its ordinary foodstuff assets within the leading method attainable. Surveys in response to foodstuff intakes and nutrients compositional information are being carried out with the thing of building prompt intakes of supplementations.
As humans of the fashionable period have been singularly at risk of apprehensive problems, the worried approach grew to become a version for describing political and social association. This quantity untangles the mutual dependencies of medical neurology and the cultural attitudes of the interval 1800-1950, exploring how and why modernity used to be a essentially anxious country.
- Clinical Problem Solving in Prosthodontics, 1e
- Medieval Chinese Medicine: The Dunhuang Medical Manuscripts (Needham Research Institute Series)
- Modern Colonization by Medical Intervention: U.S. Medicine in Puerto Rico (Studies in Critical Social Sciences)
- Encyclopedia of Public Health (D-K)
- The Politics of Healing: Histories of Alternative Medicine in Twentieth-Century North America
Additional info for Molecular, Genetic, and Nutritional Aspects of Major and Trace Minerals (Molecular Nutrition)
175–187. , 1999. Rescue of the skeletal phenotype of vitamin D receptorablated mice in the setting of normal mineral ion homeostasis: formal histomorphometric and biomechanical analyses. Endocrinology 140, 4982–4987. , 2014. FGF23 promotes renal calcium reabsorption through the TRPV5 channel. EMBO J. 33, 229–246. , 2008. Active intestinal calcium transport in the absence of transient receptor potential vanilloid type 6 and calbindin-D9k. Endocrinology 149, 3196–3205. , 2013. Vitamin D: production, metabolism and clinical requirements.
Vitamin D response elements in promoters P1 and P2 confer transcriptional responsiveness to 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D. J. Biol. Chem. 277, 30337–30350. , 2004. Role of the calcium-sensing receptor in parathyroid gland physiology. Am. J. Physiol. Ren. Physiol. 286, F1005–F1011. , 2004. Genetic evidence that the human CYP2R1 enzyme is a key vitamin D 25-hydroxylase. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. A. 101, 7711–7715. , 2006. New insights into the mechanisms involved in the pleiotropic actions of 1,25dihydroxyvitamin D3.
2010. Cellular uptake of steroid carrier proteins–mechanisms and implications. Mol. Cell Endocrinol. 316, 93–102. , 2014. Osteocyte-derived RANKL is a critical mediator of the increased bone resorption caused by dietary calcium deficiency. Bone 66, 146–154. , 2009. Intestinal vitamin D receptor is required for normal calcium and bone metabolism in mice. Gastroenterology 136, 1317–1327 e1311–1312. , 1998. Osteoclast differentiation factor is a ligand for osteoprotegerin/osteoclastogenesis-inhibitory factor and is identical to TRANCE/RANKL.