By David L. Felten MD PhD
Designed as a brief evaluation device, Netter's Neuroscience Flash Cards let you try your wisdom at the move! enjoyable, quick, and added in complete colour, this moveable source is an ideal examine software that covers neuroscience and neuroanatomy. Netter illustrations at the entrance and answers to labels plus explanatory text at the again emphasize the major organizational neurosciences ideas and key medical purposes for an efficient but in-depth review. it really is excellent as a complement to coursework, a prep software for tests, in case you are readying for rounds or scientific shows, or if you'll easily prefer to improve your wisdom of the topic.
You can also be drawn to: A spouse textbook, Netter’s Atlas of Neuroscience, 3rd Edition, to which the playing cards are cross-referenced.
- Provides a quick assessment of the fearful system, making them excellent to be used sooner than tests or all through medical rotations, residency, or in practice.
- Allows you to make clinically vital correlations in neuroanatomy, cell biology, and neurophysiology.
- Neuroimaging examples aid examine your seize of the subject.
- Includes visual and numbered labels on front, and labeled answers/comments at the reverse.
- Clinical 'pearls' and important summaries of the result of neurological harm or accidents (peripheral nerves, cranial nerves, spinal twine and mind stem buildings and areas, quite a few syndromes, etc.) on the again of every card elevate your knowing of the scientific implications of neuroscience concepts.
- Pre-punched holes and convenient binding ring let you hold chosen teams of flash playing cards with you anywhere.
- Cross-referenced to Netter’s Atlas of Neuroscience, 3rd Edition for extra details on any topic.
- Includes extensive imaging, cross-sectional anatomy, and vascular information.
- Features elevated cellular and molecular coverage.
Read or Download Netter's Neuroscience Flash Cards, 3e (Netter Basic Science) PDF
Best neurology books
Over the past few years, a variety of diversified mobilephone adhesion molecules (CAMs) were pointed out which are vital for synapse formation and upkeep. fresh examine, besides the fact that, has additionally published that many synaptic connections are hugely dynamic and never as good as in the beginning concept.
The volumes during this sequence contain modern ideas major to a specific department of neuroscience. they're a useful reduction to the coed in addition to the skilled researcher not just in constructing protocols in neuroscience yet in disciplines the place learn is changing into heavily relating to neuroscience.
A really interdisciplinary scientific textual content, scientific Neuroradiology investigates the structure-function dating for significant CNS illnesses, illustrated by means of contemplating genuine scientific situations. Authored by way of a number one neuroradiologist, this landmark book offers neuroradiologists with scientific neurological correlates and neurologists with imaging correlates for all key neurological stipulations.
- Neurology Practice Guidelines (Neurological Disease and Therapy)
- The Expert Patient's Guide to Living a Full Life with Rheumatoid Arthritis (Expert Patients Guide)
- Measurement and Manipulation of Intracellular Ions
- Neurology Volume 72(5) February 3, 2009 Supplement 1
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome: From Diagnosis to Recovery (American Academy of Neurology)
- Outcomes in Neurological and Neurosurgical Disorders
Additional info for Netter's Neuroscience Flash Cards, 3e (Netter Basic Science)
10. 11. 12. 13. 14. Trochlear nerve (CN IV) Facial nerve (CN VII) Inferior cerebellar peduncle Vestibular area Olive Hypoglossal trigone Vagal trigone Gracile tubercle Cuneate tubercle Facial colliculus Medial eminence Superior medullary velum Inferior colliculus Superior colliculus Comment: Eminences, tubercles, trigones, and regions of brain stem on the floor of the fourth ventricle or regions adjacent to the fourth ventricle denote the presence of important underlying nuclei and associated pathways (gracile and cuneate tubercles—nuclei gracilis and cuneatus; vestibular area—vestibular nuclei; hypoglossal and vagal trigones—CN nuclei XII and X; facial colliculus—CN nucleus VI [abducens] and dorsally looping axons of CN VII arising from CN nucleus VII).
13. Superior parietal lobule Visual association cortex Primary visual cortex Multisensory association areas of cortex Primary auditory cortex Wernicke’s area Secondary somatosensory cortex Broca’s area Primary somatosensory cortex Premotor cortex Frontal eye fields Primary motor cortex Supplemental motor cortex Comment: The primary motor cortex and primary sensory cortex demonstrate contralateral topographic localization of specific regions of the body. The lower extremities are represented medially in the paracentral lobule, and the body is represented in slightly more lateral regions.
3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. Septum pellucidum Head of caudate nucleus Columns of fornix Stria terminalis Body of fornix Thalamus Crura of fornix Parahippocampal gyrus Dentate gyrus Fimbria of hippocampus Hippocampus Comment: The hippocampal formation, with its connections to the diencephalon and telencephalon through the fornix, is a C-shaped structure that anatomically sweeps from the temporal lobe around the thalamus into rostral regions of the forebrain. The hippocampal formation is necessary for the consolidation of shortterm memory into permanent or long-term traces.