By D. Klingman, J. M. Mulvey
Read or Download Network models and associated applications (Mathematical programming study, No. 15) PDF
Similar methodology & statistics books
This crucial textbook is designed for college students or researchers in biology who have to layout experiments, sampling courses, or research ensuing facts. The textual content starts off with a revision of estimation and speculation trying out equipment, sooner than advancing to the research of linear and generalized linear types.
Because the hugely expected replace to Lipid moment Messengers (CRC Press, 1999), Lipid-Mediating Signaling is a present and accomplished assessment of study equipment utilized in lipid-mediated sign transduction. Pioneering specialists offer a much-needed distillation of a decade’s worthy of advances in examine recommendations which are pertinent in realizing how lipid-mediated sign transduction ties to pathologic problems.
The paintings and technology of doing qualitative study concerning childrens is the topic of this booklet. Elizabeth Graue and Daniel Walsh speak about the study method, dealing succinctly with well-known matters yet emphasizing the place paintings with teenagers offers its personal specific demanding situations. half One appears to be like around the learn firm, conceptualizing it as an holistic task.
This quantity explores the experiential examine equipment that let researchers to entry their very own and their contributors' realizing in richer methods. It includes chapters on cutting edge equipment of study and research utilizing literary types, functionality and visible arts, and during collaborative and interdisciplinary inquiry.
- Scientific Paranormal Investigation: How to Solve Unexplained Mysteries
- Practical Protein Electrophoresis for Genetic Research
- Research Methods for Organizational Studies
- Group Rationality in Scientific Research
- 2008 Amendments to the National Academies' Guidelines for Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- Introductory Mass Spectrometry, Second Edition
Additional info for Network models and associated applications (Mathematical programming study, No. 15)
1. S. This representation therefore includes much more than just movements of gas in the pipelines themselves. It also includes transactions (receipts and deliveries) between the producers, the pipelines, the distributors, and the end-users. The transactions which are modelled are only those which involve a physical transfer of gas. These physical transfers take a number of forms as described below. 2. 1. Sales by producers to pipeline transmission companies By far the greatest bulk of producers sales are to pipeline transmission companies.
If these places were located within two different regions defined for the particular level of aggregation being modelled, the sales and prices contained in this Form 2 would have to be split up and summed for each of these two regions. , gas produced from pipeline owned gas wells. XD transactions can also include sales by the pipeline to mainline industrial and other "direct" customers as well as sales for resale to distributors. X X transactions include sales, transportation for others, and exchanges.
1, interconnected in up to three different ways: -exchanging gas among themselves; - competing for supply in the same regions; - competing for sales to distributors in other regions. Thus a producer class in a given region (triangle) may supply several pipelines in that region and a distributor in a given region (square) may be supplied by several pipelines in that region. Also, a pipeline may both receive and deliver gas to several other pipelines in a given region. Two more transactions are needed to complete the model.