By AAN Copyright © 2009 by AAN Enterprises, Inc.
Read Online or Download Neurology Volume 72(11) March 17, 2009 PDF
Best neurology books
During the last few years, quite a few varied phone adhesion molecules (CAMs) were pointed out which are relevant for synapse formation and upkeep. fresh learn, even though, has additionally published that many synaptic connections are hugely dynamic and never as strong as at the start concept.
The volumes during this sequence contain modern strategies major to a specific department of neuroscience. they're a useful relief to the coed in addition to the skilled researcher not just in constructing protocols in neuroscience yet in disciplines the place examine is changing into heavily concerning neuroscience.
A really interdisciplinary scientific textual content, scientific Neuroradiology investigates the structure-function dating for significant CNS illnesses, illustrated by means of contemplating real scientific circumstances. Authored by means of a number one neuroradiologist, this landmark book offers neuroradiologists with medical neurological correlates and neurologists with imaging correlates for all key neurological stipulations.
- The Clinical Neuropsychiatry of Stroke: Cognitive, Behavioral and Emotional Disorders following Vascular Brain Injury
- Hydrocephalus - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery and Multidisciplinary Neurotraumatology
- Astrocytes in Brain Aging and Neurodegeneration (Neuroscience Intelligence Unit 3)
- Restless Legs Syndrome: Coping with Your Sleepless Nights
Additional resources for Neurology Volume 72(11) March 17, 2009
The seizures make it impossible to conclude about the effect of reinstating medication. The number of patients is too small to enable statistical comparison between temporal and extratemporal cases or between different antiepileptic drugs. However, an increase in HFOs after medication withdrawal was seen in both temporal and extratemporal patients, medicated with different antiepileptic drugs. DISCUSSION This study offers new insight into the pathophysiology of HFOs in epilepsy. In contrast to spikes, HFOs did not increase after seizures, whereas they clearly increased after medication reduction.
The paired t tests described above were repeated for delta power. Relative rates of isolated HFOs were correlated to relative rates of spikes (relative to maximum per patient) to study the direct relationship between HFO and spike rates. Last, correlation analysis was performed for consecutively scored epochs (epochs were originally shuffled so this order is random with respect to recorded time) to evaluate the trend in marking events by a reviewer over time. Twelve patients (one woman) with five to eight nights were selected.
2. Audenaert D, Van Broeckhoven C, De Jonghe P. Genes and loci involved in febrile seizures and related epilepsy syndromes. Hum Mutat 2006;27:391–401. 3. Nakayama J, Arinami T. Molecular genetics of febrile seizures. Epilepsy Res 2006;70 (suppl 1):S190–S198. 4. Mulley JC, Scheffer IE, Petrou S, Dibbens LM, Berkovic SF, Harkin LA. SCN1A mutations and epilepsy. Hum Mutat 2005;25:535–542. 5. Hemminki K, Bermejo JL. Constraints for genetic association studies imposed by attributable fraction and familial risk.