By Doug Woodyard
С момента своего первого появления в 1950 году, знание судовых дизелей служило морским инженерам свидетельством квалификации. Каждое новое издание отмечает изменения в конструкции двигателя и влияние новых технологий и экономических потребностей на судовом дизеле.
Since its first visual appeal in 1950, Pounder’s Marine Diesel Engines has served seagoing engineers, scholars of the certificate of Competency examinations and the marine engineering in the course of the international. each one new version has famous the alterations in engine layout and the impression of recent know-how and financial wishes at the marine diesel engine.This 8th version keeps the directness of procedure and a spotlight to crucial element that characterised its predecessors. There are new chapters on tracking keep watch over structures and governor platforms, fuel generators and defense elements of engine operation. very important advancements akin to the most recent diesel-electric LNG providers that may quickly be in operation.After adventure as a seagoing engineer with the British India Steam Navigation corporation, Doug Woodyard held editorial positions with the establishment of Mechanical Engineers and the Institute of Marine Engineers. He in this case edited The Motor send magazine for 8 years earlier than turning into a contract editor focusing on transport, shipbuilding and marine engineering. he's at present technical editor of Seatrade, a contributing editor to hurry at Sea, delivery international and Shipbuilder and a technical press advisor to Rolls-Royce advertisement Marine.* Designed to mirror the new alterations to SQA/Marine and Coastguard enterprise certificates of Competency tests. cautious organization of the hot variation permits readers to entry the data they require
* fresh chapters concentrate on tracking keep an eye on structures and governor platforms, fuel generators and defense points of engine operation
* prime quality, essentially labelled illustrations and figures
Read or Download Pounder’s Marine Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines PDF
Best mechanical engineering books
Remedy any mechanical engineering challenge fast and simply This depended on compendium of calculation equipment provides quick, actual recommendations to the hardest day by day mechanical engineering difficulties. you will discover numbered, step by step approaches for fixing particular difficulties including worked-out examples that provide numerical effects for the calculation.
This ebook collects the edited and reviewed contributions awarded within the third foreign convention on Renewable strength: new release and purposes” ICREGA’14, geared up through the UAE collage in Al-Ain. This convention goals to disseminate wisdom on tools, regulations and applied sciences on the topic of renewable power and it recognizes the management of the UAE which dedicated to a 7% renewable strength objective by way of 2020.
Ideas of warmth move used to be first released in 1959, and because then it has grown to be thought of a vintage in the box, environment the criteria for assurance and association inside of all different warmth move texts. The publication is designed for a one-semester direction in warmth move on the junior or senior point, although, flexibility in pedagogy has been supplied.
Folllowing the luck of his first e-book with regards to Hydraulics, Pipe circulate, commercial HVAC & software platforms, Mister Mech Mentor now deals an all-new, easy-to-read number of chapters that includes ASME Piping & strain Vessel Code purposes. Written in a pleasant kind, this ebook offers the fundamental merits of guide by way of a private mentor who explains why and the way, whereas educating possibly risky classes in physics and engineering layout.
- Process Steam Systems: A Practical Guide for Operators, Maintainers, and Designers
- Grundprinzipien der Mechatronik: Modellbildung und Simulation mit Bondgraphen (German Edition)
- The Efficient Use of Energy
- Industrial furnaces, Edition: 6th ed
- Research in Interactive Design: Proceedings of Virtual Concept 2005
Additional resources for Pounder’s Marine Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines
6) is based on the movement of the point of application of the force on the piston in a straight line. The inclusion of the engine speed in the formula arises in order to take into account the total distance moved by the force(s) along the cylinder(s): that is, the number of repetitions of the cycle in unit time. Alternatively, power can be defined in terms of rotation. If F is the effective resulting single force assumed to act tangentially at given radius from the axis of the shaft about which it acts, r the nominated radius at which F is reckoned, and n revolutions per unit time of the shaft specified, then the circumferential distance moved by the tangential force in unit time is 2rn.
9) This is given in metres per second if l stroke in metres and n revolutions per minute. 11) w where w is the fuel consumption rate (kg/kW h) W total fuel consumed per day in tonnes (1 tonne 1000 kg). Vibration Many problems have their roots in, or manifest themselves as, vibration. Vibration may be in any linear direction, and it may be rotational (torsional). Vibration may be resonant, at one of its natural frequencies, or forced. It may affect any group of components, or any one. It can occur at any frequency up to those which are more commonly called noise.
Low-speed engine vibration: characteristics and cures Ship machinery installations have two principal sources of excitation: the main engine(s) and the propeller(s). The two components are essentially linked by elastic shaft systems and may also embrace gearboxes and elastic couplings. The whole system is supported in flexible hull structures, and the forms of vibration possible are therefore diverse. Problems in analysing ship machinery vibration have been compounded in recent years by the introduction of new fuel-efficient engine designs exploiting lower running speeds, longer stroke/bore ratios and higher combustion pressures.