By Professor Dr. Jelena Krmpotić-Nemanić, Professor Dr. Wolfgang Draf, Professor Dr. Jan Helms (auth.)
Contents: The Neck and Thorax.- The Larynx and the Thyroid Gland.- The Face.- The Oral hollow space and the Oropharynx.- The Nose.- The Paranasal Sinus and the Retromaxillary Space.- the attention and its Orbital Adnexa.- The Ear.- the center and Posterior Cranial Fossae.- The cranium and the Gross Anatomy of the valuable worried System.- The Topography and diversifications of the additional- and Intracranial Vessels.- The Paraganglia.- References.- Index of Operations and Surgically very important Anatomic Relationships.- topic Index.
Read Online or Download Surgical Anatomy of Head and Neck PDF
Best anatomy books
Expansive gaze over all allying and allied species, the mind our bodies forth to its imaginative and prescient the entire appointed type of common majesty; and after having skilled the manifold analogies and differentials of the various, is thereby enabled, while it returns to the learn of the single, to view this considered one of human style lower than manifold attractions, to the appreciation of which the certainty by no means wakens differently.
Used for gestures of communique, environmental exploration, and the greedy and manipulating of items, the hand has an important position in our lives. The hand's anatomical constitution and neural keep watch over are one of the most complicated and certain of human motor structures. Hand and mind is a entire assessment of the hand's sensorimotor keep watch over.
All microbes, together with micro organism, viruses, and fungi, might be labeled and pointed out by way of matching a number of peptides recognized to be particular to every organism. picking out Microbes through Mass Spectrometry Proteomics describes how you can establish microorganisms utilizing strong new recommendations combining and software program and yielding hugely actual tools for detection, id, and class of microbes.
This quantity offers a complete assessment of the experimental and computational methodologies used to check the functionality of lengthy non-coding RNA (ncRNAs) expressed from enhancers. bankruptcy aspect either wet-lab and dry-lab concepts and annotating lengthy ncRNAs and exploring transcription through assessing the place transcription begins and usually the way it happens.
- Body Massage: Therapy Basics (Second edition), 2nd Edition
- High-Throughput RNAi Screening: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- Methylotrophy and Methanogenesis, 1st Edition
- Grid Computing in Life Science: First International Workshop on Life Science Grid, LSGRID 2004 Kanazawa, Japan, May 31-June 1, 2004, Revised Selected ... Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Basiswissen Physiologie (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Imaging Atlas of Human Anatomy, 4th Edition
Extra resources for Surgical Anatomy of Head and Neck
5. 6. 7. Chidichino G et al. 19 (Plates 1-4) Relationship of the External Carotid. Artery to the Digastric and Stylohyoid Muscles (Lateral VIew) The external carotid artery normally lies medial to the digastric and stylohyoid muscles (Plate 1) and less frequently between the two muscles (Plate 2) or lateral to them (Plate 3) [2-4]. Koebke  also describes dissections in which this artery forms a loop around the styloid process (Plate 4). Surgical Importance Surgery of the parotid gland, lateral pharyngeal wall, and facial nerve; lateral approaches to the medial, lateral and posterior skull base; exposure of the internal carotid artery and jugular foramen; surgery of the infratemporal fossa.
Bartels P (1909) 2. Most A (1917) 3. 24 Lymphatic Drainage of the Upper Respiratory Tract and the Esophagus Lymphatic drainage from the nasal cavity and the nasopharynx drains into the retropharyngeal and upper jugular lymph nodes . Lymph from the soft palate, tonsils, base of the tongue, posterior alveolar rim, retromolar trigone, and oropharyngeal walls all drains into the jugular or angulodigastric nodes. Additionally, the posterior tongue has a very rich network of lymphatics which drain into both ipsilateral and contralateral angulodigastric, medial jugular, and spinal nodes.
Adachi B (1928) 2. ,. -----;--~----- Ansa subclavia n. 16 (Plates 1-9) Variations of the Phrenic Nerve In general, the phrenic nerve is formed from two rami (C 3 and C4 ), although it can rarely include a branch from C s [1,2]. The nerve runs obliquely from the superolateral to the inferomedial part of the anterior scalene muscle. In so doing, it passes behind the subclavian vein and medial to the internal thoracic vessels (vasa thoracica interna) in the anterior mediastinum (Plate 1). On occasion it passes lateral to the vein (Plate 2) or loops around either the subclavian vein (Plate 3) or the internal thoracic vessels (Plate 4).